A dynamic sisterly duo makes up the team for Live Like Nobody’s Watching. Jess and Kim are wild about travel and squeeeeeezing everything they can out of life. Two dorky, vivacious and constantly hungry girls are here to inspire, entice and motivate y’all to getting the most out of today. Words from the girls…
Well, hellooooo my pretties…
I’m Jess, the ‘big sister’ of this pretty ah-mayyy-zing team. The idea to create this blog started from trying to find my happy. I asked myself questions like, what do I love? What can I talk about all day, every day? When do I truly feel myself? And all the answers kept coming back to travelling and writing.
I’ve been travelling since I was a wee little baby… I think my first overseas trip was when I was one, with my familia to the Philippines – that’s where mum is from. And I have been travelling ever since then.
Now. Like many of you, I work full-time. I am not a full-time traveller but have been fortunate enough to have done more than the average person. And that’s come down to wanting it and working toward it.
I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. See Exhibit A. I loooove adventure, anything thrill-seeking and a little risky and anything that my mum would disapprove of. #OHYEHREBEL… I also appreciate a damn good vino. Red, white, pink or bubbly… it all sounds yum yum to me. Except for Chardonnay. #EWW.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT JESS:
- I do not take myself very seriously.
- I love cartoons… Disney & Pixar are the bomb-diggity and The Little Mermaid is my all time fave. #KARAOKEANYONE?
- I have a weird sense of humour and will laugh at most things, especially my own jokes. Coz I am THAT funny.
- I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease in October 2014.
- I do not like being called Jessie. I don’t know why. There are a handful of people that do, and that’s okay, but generally… it’s a no go zone.
- I’m ambidextrous, so I often look awkward doing things.
- I have had several piercings but now only have my ears.
- I dominate the kitchen. Because I love eating good food, I have learnt to cook good food. #ModestMuch
- If I could have any talent, it would be to sing well.
- I am really crappy at Maths. Like, really crappy. #YAYCALCULATORS.
Over to Kim… Jx
Hey, wassup, hello!
The name’s Kimberley and I’m a 22-year-old PR chick who hails from Sydney, Australia. Since taking the plunge into the world of PR, my interest for starting my own blog was at an all-time high. THANKFULLY, my super duper intelligent, organised other half (YAY FOR SISTERS) offered me the chance to jump on board with this ah-mayyy-zing blog.
I am a self-confessed water dabbler who has an emotional and physical attachment to llamas #SPIRITANIMAL. What IS a water dabbler you may ask? Well I like to think of it as somebody who likes to dip his or her feet into different waters. Not sure if that explains my interests buuuutt they pretty much cover anything and everything.
So welcome to my world of travel, food, fashion and everything in between! Thanks for joining the “Live Like Nobody’s Watching” journey and we hope you enjoy the ride!
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT KIM:
- I am also an adrenaline junkie. I’ve been skydiving twice, parasailed in Manly, zip-lined through the Mexican jungle, I went shark diving for my 21st and I LOVE a fast set of wheels.
- After my shark dive, I realised my fear of being underwater. I will never be a diver and I’m fine with that.
- I’m 22 years old and I have an addiction to Hello Kitty #dontjudgeme
- I am a pasta fiend. If I could, I would have it three times a day, no questions asked. I also make a mean spaghetti carbonara.
- I am an out-of-the-closet dork. Books, PlayStation games, Lord of the Rings, movie trivia, you name it, I most likely love it.
- I love tattoos! I only have one, which is hidden, but I would have a lot more if I didn’t have an office job.
- Before I decided to take the Public Relations road, I wanted to be a journalist. Writing has always been a big part of me!
- I have an obsession with stationary. There’s no shortage of weird and wonderful pens in my possession! Does this tie into me being a dork and loving Hello Kitty?
- I still HONESTLY believe that I should be a movie star.
- I have two of the most amazing role models that I draw so much inspiration and motivation from. My sisters <3